The LAGB Education Committee
The Linguistics Association of Great Britain created its Education Committee on 7 April 2000 to act on its behalf in educational matters.
- The Linguistics at school sessions at LAGB conferences
- For the LAGB and university linguistics
- For schools and teachers
- Responses to official consultations
- (2015) Response to the end of GCSE and A-level in most community languages.
- (2010) Comments on the White Paper on education.
- (2007) Should we comment on the draft criteria for GCSE in Foreign Languages?
- Comments on the draft programmes of study for English at KS3 and KS4
- Second Submission to the Dearing Inquiry into GCSE Languages.
- (2006) Submission to the Dearing Inquiry into GCSE Languages.
- (2005)Responses to the QCA inquiry “English 21“:
- (2002) Comments on the DfES Green Paper ’14-19′ and the related paper ‘Language Learning‘. (You can also download extracts of ’14-19′ and the whole of ‘Language Learning’ in .rtf format.)
- (2002) Successful submission to the AHRB in the competition for six ring-fenced PhD studentships per year for the linguistics of the main foreign languages.
- Committee for Linguistics in Education (CLIE)
- Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies (LLAS)
- A-level Linguistics working group
- Other links